- Use these standards as a guiding document in the planning process.
- Establish a vision, mission, and values that are based on a review and assessment of community needs and the unique role of the library in the community served.
- Review and update the library’s strategic plan regularly to determine progress in meeting goals.
- Implement an ongoing, integrated process of community and library analysis, planning, evaluation, and community impact that covers two to five years and involves the library board, staff, and community members.
- Review the library’s goals and measurable outcomes regularly to gauge progress, effectiveness, and success.
Planning Checklist – FUTURE-FOCUSED
- Review local, state, and national public library statistics (at least annually) to evaluate input, output and outcome measures and determine the library’s success in supporting broad community goals.
All Planning Overview Video Training
Back to all Standards